Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound?
How long to cook the turkey? 13 minutes of cooking time for each pound of turkey if roasting empty and 15 minutes per pound if stuffed.
How long do I cook a 21 pound stuffed turkey?
If your turkey weighs 21 to 22 pounds, roast it at:
- 425°F for 4 to 4 1/4 hours.
- 400°F for 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- 350°F for 4 1/2 to 4 3/4.
- 325°F for 4 3/4 to 5 hours.
16 мая 2018 г.
How long do you roast a 20 lb turkey?
Place in the oven and roast the turkey for about 10 minutes per pound. (So, for a 20-pound turkey, about 3 1/2 hours; for a 15-pound turkey, about 2 1/2 hours.)
How do I keep my turkey moist?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered? A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan. … If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
What temperature do I cook a stuffed turkey at?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325°F. …
- Mix stuffing and lightly fill cavity. …
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow (about 2 inches deep) roasting pan. …
- Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. …
- Remove the foil cover after about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of cooking to brown the skin.
How do I cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
ROASTING DIRECTIONS: Conventional Oven
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Before removing plastic bag, place turkey under warm running water for 2-3 minutes. …
- Place frozen turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow (3″ deep) roasting pan.
- Brush skin with vegetable oil to prevent drying.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 degrees?
Size and Stuffing Matter
- Size and Stuffing Matter. …
- Your oven temperature for turkey should be 325°F for a for a slow, steady roast. …
- 3 hours to 3 hours, 30 minutes (stuffed) …
- 3 hours, 30 minutes to 4 hours (stuffed) …
- 4 hours to 4 hours, 15 minutes (stuffed) …
- 4 hours, 15 minutes to 4 hours, 45 minutes (stuffed)
How often should you baste a turkey?
Basting is optional when roasting a turkey. To ensure a moist turkey, the key is to not overcook it. Try using a remote digital thermometer that will alert you when the turkey is fully cooked yet still juicy. If you choose to baste the bird, do so every 30 minutes.
Is it better to cook turkey in regular or convection oven?
When it comes to cooking turkey, convection ovens cook the Thanksgiving bird more quickly (about 30% faster) and evenly than standard ovens. … Since convection ovens take less time to cook turkey, you should set them for a lower temperature than you would a regular oven.
Should you put water in turkey roasting pan?
No. We do not recommend adding water to the pan because it creates a steam and may steam-burn the turkey. The turkey will produce its own flavorful juices. After cooking, you can extend the turkey’s juices with broth or wine, then add it to your gravy for extra flavor.
How long should I cook a turkey?
The general rule for cooking a turkey is 20 minutes per pound, but that can vary depending on whether or not your turkey recipe calls for a stuffed or unstuffed bird.
How long to cook a turkey.Weight of Bird Roasting Time (Unstuffed) Roasting Time (Stuffed)10 to 18 pounds3 to 3-1/2 hours3-3/4 to 4-1/2 hours28 мая 2014 г.
How do you calculate cooking time for a turkey?
Simply enter the weight of your turkey in pounds and click calculate. A stuffed turkey requires about 15 minutes per pound while unstuffed turkeys require 12-15 minutes per pound. These times are based on a 325 degree Fahrenheit cooking temperature and should only be used as a guideline.