How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound?
How long to cook the turkey? 13 minutes of cooking time for each pound of turkey if roasting empty and 15 minutes per pound if stuffed.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
How long to cook a turkeyWeight of Bird Roasting Time (Unstuffed) Roasting Time (Stuffed)10 to 18 pounds3 to 3-1/2 hours3-3/4 to 4-1/2 hours18 to 22 pounds3-1/2 to 4 hours4-1/2 to 5 hours22 to 24 pounds4 to 4-1/2 hours5 to 5-1/2 hours24 to 29 pounds4-1/2 to 5 hours5-1/2 to 6-1/4 hours28 мая 2014 г.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 degrees?
Size and Stuffing Matter
- Size and Stuffing Matter. …
- Your oven temperature for turkey should be 325°F for a for a slow, steady roast. …
- 3 hours to 3 hours, 30 minutes (stuffed) …
- 3 hours, 30 minutes to 4 hours (stuffed) …
- 4 hours to 4 hours, 15 minutes (stuffed) …
- 4 hours, 15 minutes to 4 hours, 45 minutes (stuffed)
What temperature do I cook a stuffed turkey at?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325°F. …
- Mix stuffing and lightly fill cavity. …
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow (about 2 inches deep) roasting pan. …
- Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. …
- Remove the foil cover after about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of cooking to brown the skin.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 350?
10. Calculate Turkey Roasting Time and Temperature
- 425°F for 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 400°F for 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 hours.
- 350°F for 2 3/4 to 3 hours.
- 325°F for 3 to 3 3/4 hours.
16 мая 2018 г.
How do I cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
ROASTING DIRECTIONS: Conventional Oven
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Before removing plastic bag, place turkey under warm running water for 2-3 minutes. …
- Place frozen turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow (3″ deep) roasting pan.
- Brush skin with vegetable oil to prevent drying.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered? A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan. … If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
How long do you cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
Butterball Turkey Cooking Times
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. Stuffed: 2.25-2.75 hours.
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. Stuffed: 2.75-4.5 hours.
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. Stuffed: 3.75-4.5 hours.
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs: Unstuffed: 4.5-5 hours.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.
How long does it take to cook a turkey at 250 degrees?
it is safe to eat no matter the color. This requires a cooking time: At 235 degrees F your turkey will take 30 to 35 minutes per pound. At 250 degrees F your turkey will take 25 to 30 minutes per pound. At 275 degrees F your turkey will take 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
How long do you cook a turkey at 300 degrees?
While oven is heating, wash turkey in cold water, removing giblets, neck, tail and any pinfeathers. Rub oil over all sides of turkey. and place turkey in uncovered roasting pan in oven. Bake for 1 hours at 300 degrees to kill bacteria.
How do I cook a 20lb turkey?
Place the bird, breast-side up, on a rack in a large roasting pan. Cover the whole pan, tenting the bird, with heavy-duty foil so that it’s well sealed. Place in the oven and roast the turkey for about 10 minutes per pound. (So, for a 20-pound turkey, about 3 1/2 hours; for a 15-pound turkey, about 2 1/2 hours.)