How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound?
How long to cook the turkey? 13 minutes of cooking time for each pound of turkey if roasting empty and 15 minutes per pound if stuffed.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
How long to cook a turkeyWeight of Bird Roasting Time (Unstuffed) Roasting Time (Stuffed)10 to 18 pounds3 to 3-1/2 hours3-3/4 to 4-1/2 hours18 to 22 pounds3-1/2 to 4 hours4-1/2 to 5 hours22 to 24 pounds4 to 4-1/2 hours5 to 5-1/2 hours24 to 29 pounds4-1/2 to 5 hours5-1/2 to 6-1/4 hours28 мая 2014 г.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
What temperature do you cook a stuffed turkey?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325°F. …
- Mix stuffing and lightly fill cavity. …
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow (about 2 inches deep) roasting pan. …
- Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. …
- Remove the foil cover after about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of cooking to brown the skin.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 350?
10. Calculate Turkey Roasting Time and Temperature
- 425°F for 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 400°F for 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 hours.
- 350°F for 2 3/4 to 3 hours.
- 325°F for 3 to 3 3/4 hours.
16 мая 2018 г.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered? A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan. … If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
How do I cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
ROASTING DIRECTIONS: Conventional Oven
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Before removing plastic bag, place turkey under warm running water for 2-3 minutes. …
- Place frozen turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow (3″ deep) roasting pan.
- Brush skin with vegetable oil to prevent drying.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 degrees?
Size and Stuffing Matter
- Size and Stuffing Matter. …
- Your oven temperature for turkey should be 325°F for a for a slow, steady roast. …
- 3 hours to 3 hours, 30 minutes (stuffed) …
- 3 hours, 30 minutes to 4 hours (stuffed) …
- 4 hours to 4 hours, 15 minutes (stuffed) …
- 4 hours, 15 minutes to 4 hours, 45 minutes (stuffed)
How do you calculate cooking time for a turkey?
Simply enter the weight of your turkey in pounds and click calculate. A stuffed turkey requires about 15 minutes per pound while unstuffed turkeys require 12-15 minutes per pound. These times are based on a 325 degree Fahrenheit cooking temperature and should only be used as a guideline.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.
How long does it take to cook a turkey at 250 degrees?
it is safe to eat no matter the color. This requires a cooking time: At 235 degrees F your turkey will take 30 to 35 minutes per pound. At 250 degrees F your turkey will take 25 to 30 minutes per pound. At 275 degrees F your turkey will take 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
How wet should stuffing be before baking?
The stuffing should be moist, but not wet. If there is a puddle of broth at the bottom of the bowl, you’ve added too much. Add more bread to soak up the excess moisture. If the mix is still dry and crumbly, add more liquid and toss gently until it starts to clump together.
What should I put inside my turkey?
Place the turkey in a large roasting pan. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the turkey cavity. Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, halved lemon, quartered onion, and the garlic. Brush the outside of the turkey with the butter mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.