How long does it take to cook a 22 lb turkey?
How long to cook a turkeyWeight of Bird Roasting Time (Unstuffed) Roasting Time (Stuffed)10 to 18 pounds3 to 3-1/2 hours3-3/4 to 4-1/2 hours18 to 22 pounds3-1/2 to 4 hours4-1/2 to 5 hours22 to 24 pounds4 to 4-1/2 hours5 to 5-1/2 hours24 to 29 pounds4-1/2 to 5 hours5-1/2 to 6-1/4 hours
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long to cook a turkey that is 20 lbs?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.
How long does it take to cook a 22 lb frozen turkey?
3. Calculate your roasting time. Thawed turkeys require about 15 minutes of cook time for every pound of meat. With a frozen turkey, you need at least 50 percent longer, or about 22 ½ minutes per pound.
How many people will a 22 pound turkey feed?
For turkeys smaller than 16 pounds, estimate 1 pound per serving (this accounts for bone weight). For larger birds, a bit less is fine; they have a higher meat-to-bone ratio. But if your goal is to have ample leftovers, aim for 1½ pounds per person whatever the turkey’s size. For 8 people, buy a 12-pound turkey.
Is it better to cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Cover your roasting pan with a lid or foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on size of your bird) and uncovered for the remaining time. Baste your turkey every half hour or so. However, basting will not make your turkey moister, but it promotes even browning of the skin.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
What is the best temperature to cook a turkey?
What temperature to cook the turkey? Preheat the oven to 450°F then drop the temperature to 350°F after putting the turkey into the oven. What temperature should the turkey be? The turkey is done when it registers a minimum of 165° in the thickest part of the thigh.
How long do I cook a 19lb turkey?
In an oven set to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, cooking an 18- to 20-pound unstuffed thawed or fresh turkey will take between 4 1/4 and 4 1/2 hours, according to the USDA. This amounts to about 14 minutes of cooking time per pound. For a 19-pound turkey, this comes to about four hours and 26 minutes.
How often should you baste a turkey?
Basting is optional when roasting a turkey. To ensure a moist turkey, the key is to not overcook it. Try using a remote digital thermometer that will alert you when the turkey is fully cooked yet still juicy. If you choose to baste the bird, do so every 30 minutes.
How do you cook a 21 pound turkey?
If your turkey weighs 21 to 22 pounds, roast it at:
- 425°F for 4 to 4 1/4 hours.
- 400°F for 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- 350°F for 4 1/2 to 4 3/4.
- 325°F for 4 3/4 to 5 hours.
16 мая 2018 г.
How do you cook a frozen turkey?
- Step 1: Prep and Begin the Thaw. Cooking a frozen turkey-sicle is easy, just unwrap it and place it on a rack in a shallow roasting pan ($24). …
- Step 2: Season and Continue to Cook. …
- Step 3: Remove the Giblets. …
- Step 4: Check-In. …
- Step 5: Finish Roasting. …
- Step 6: Let Rest. …
- Step 7: Carve and Enjoy!
Is it safe to eat a turkey frozen for 2 years?
According to the Butterball Turkey Talk Line Expert, turkey can be stored in the freezer (unopened and uninterrupted) for up to 2-3 years and still be safe to cook. However, for the best quality, we recommend using the frozen turkey within 7 months of storage.
When should I take my turkey out of the freezer?
Thawing in the Refrigerator
- Allow approximately 24 hours for each 5 pounds in a refrigerator set at 40° or below.
- Place the turkey in a container to prevent juices from dripping onto other items in your refrigerator.
- A turkey thawed in the refrigerator can be left in the fridge for up to two days before cooking.