How long does it take to cook a fillet steak?
We recommend the following cooking times for a 3.5cm thick fillet steak:
- Blue: 1½ mins each side.
- Rare: 2¼ mins each side.
- Medium-rare: 3¼ mins each side.
- Medium: 4½ mins each side.
What is the best way to cook fillet steak?
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
- Rub the steak all over with a good lug of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
- For more flavour, try one or a combination of the following…
How long do you cook a 1 inch filet?
Use the following timings for how long to grill filet mignon by direct grilling:
- For a 1-inch cut, grill 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F).
- For a 1½-inch cut, grill 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F).
How long does it take to cook eye fillet?
You can cook your eye fillet steaks on a medium-high hot skillet or grill. Make sure it is preheated and allow roughly 5 minutes on each side turning only once, preserving the flavours.
Is it better to cook a steak in the oven or stove?
As opposed to finishing the steaks on the stove top, transferring them to the oven stops the searing at the ideal point, allowing the interior of the steak to continue cooking without burning the exterior. Depending on the thickness of your steaks, they should take no more than 7 minutes for medium-rare doneness.
What heat should you cook steak?
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides. When oil is just about to smoke, add steak. Cook 7 minutes, then flip and add butter. …
- Remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
How do I cook a 2 inch steak?
For the perfect medium-rare thick-cut bone-in ribeye steak, grill for 18-20 minutes for a 2-inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F. Rest your steaks for 5 minutes before serving, covering lightly with foil.
How long do you cook a filet mignon on each side?
FILETS MIGNON & CENTER-CUT RIBEYESThicknessRare 110 to 120 FMedium Rare 120 to 130 F1.5″3 minutes EACH SIDE3.5 minutes EACH SIDE1.75″3.5 minutes EACH SIDE4 minutes EACH SIDE2″4 minutes EACH SIDE4.5 minutes EACH SIDE
How do you cook a 1/2 inch steak?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
How do you cook thick eye fillet steak?
Heat a large, heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Quickly sear the meat about 5 seconds on each side then remove from frying pan. Melt and brown the butter in the frying pan. Return the meat to the frying pan, and fry 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
What temperature do you cook eye fillet?
Using a Thermometer?
- Rare 60ºC.
- Medium rare 60-65ºC.
- Medium 65-70ºC.
- Medium well done 70ºC.
- Well done 75ºC.